Let’s Talk About Fillers in Pittsburgh: Who’s Getting What?
Injectable fillers are becoming more and more popular in Pittsburgh and all across the country, maybe even in part thanks to the rise of social media. Lots of men and women find that as the first signs of aging begin to creep onto their faces, they also begin to notice that they’re looking a lot older than they feel. And while there are more dramatic surgical procedures to correct lines, wrinkles, and sagging skin, many people don’t want to undergo a surgery to counteract the natural effects of aging. But luckily, there are also a number of nonsurgical options in the form of injectable fillers, which can offer similar results, but don’t require surgery.
Here are the fillers people in Pittsburgh are choosing:
The first signs of aging often appear in the forehead, around the eyes, and in laugh lines around the mouth. Because of this, more and more people are opting for nonsurgical fillers like Juvederm to help reduce the appearance of these bothersome signs of aging.
- Who is the ideal candidate for Juvederm? Juvederm can be a great treatment for anyone looking to restore the youthful, energized appearance of their skin. One of the great benefits of Juvederm is that it’s a minimally invasive procedure that doesn’t require recovery time afterwards, so lots of men and women find that it’s a convenient way to help them look as young as they feel. Juvederm (Ultra XC formulation) can also be a very effective lip augmentation option to give thinning lips a boost.
- What results can be expected? Juvederm works by injecting hyaluronic acid, which is already naturally present in the body, into the skin. The hyaluronic acid then acts as a cushion underneath the skin to fill out lines and wrinkles, while also helping to bring water to the surface of the skin, which contributes to its young and fresh look and feel. And one of the best things about Juvederm results is that most people typically see them instantly, although some swelling or redness may be present immediately following injections.
- What to know about Juvederm: Because it’s such a relatively quick procedure, Juvederm is becoming more and more popular. But an important consideration to note is that while the results of Juvederm can last up to six months, they will gradually fade, and the skin will eventually return to its normal state. However, many people find that because the results can last several months, Juvederm injections are relatively convenient to maintain. (American Society of Plastic Surgeons)
Juvederm VOLUMA XC
- Who is the ideal candidate for Voluma? Just like Juvederm, almost anyone looking to combat the signs of aging can benefit from Voluma. Because collagen loss unfortunately comes along with the aging process, the face can begin to appear sunken in or “deflated” as it starts to age.
- What results can be expected? When too much collagen loss starts to affect the shape or overall fullness of the face, Voluma can help by targeting the mid-face area and plumping from underneath the skin. It can also help to better define the jawline, making it a great option for men looking to restore their younger appearance.
- What to know about Voluma: As with Juvederm, the results from Voluma are not permanent, but they have been shown to last up to two years, making it a very convenient and practical procedure for many men and women. (The Dermatologist, Journal of Aesthetic Surgery)
Why Choose Acqua Blu Medical Spa in Pittsburgh for Injectable Fillers?
Even though injectable fillers like Juvederm and Voluma are relatively quick and easy procedures, they still need to be administered by a trained professional. At Acqua Blu Medical Spa in Pittsburgh, our team of experienced and knowledgeable professionals will work closely with you to ensure that you get the results you desire. Board-certified plastic surgeon Brian V. Heil, is committed to providing a comfortable, relaxing experience for anyone looking to reap the benefits of injectable fillers in the Pittsburgh area. For more information about Juvederm or Voluma injections, or to schedule a consultation, please contact (724) 933-1800.
The Bottom Line
With so much emphasis on the way we look, especially with the rise of constant updates on social media, it can be easy to develop a negative self-image as the signs of aging start to set in. Injectable fillers like Juvederm and Voluma, however, can offer a minimally invasive, nonsurgical procedure to help restore the youthful, energized look of your skin. If you think you might be a good candidate for a filler, Dr. Heil and his team of knowledgeable professionals at Acqua Blu Medical Spa in Pittsburgh would be more than happy to discuss your options with you to achieve the look you desire.