Who is a candidate for Botox?
Adults who would like to achieve smoother, more youthful-looking skin could be good candidates for Botox. Ideal candidates should also meet the following requirements:
- Be over the age of 18
- Be in generally good physical health
- Have realistic expectations
- Have the desire to reduce fine lines, wrinkles, and other signs of aging skin
- Not be currently pregnant or nursing
- Have no allergies to any Botox ingredients
- Have no history of neuromuscular diseases
What are the benefits of Botox?
Botox can offer a variety of benefits, including:
- Smoother, more youthful-looking skin
- Greatly reduced fine lines, wrinkles, folds, and creases
- Improved self-confidence
- Quick, non-invasive procedure
- No recovery downtime
- Natural-looking results
- Treats certain health conditions, including migraines, muscle pain, and excessive sweating
What’s the difference between Botox and dermal fillers?
Although Botox and dermal fillers share a similar purpose, they’re very different treatments. Botox uses the active ingredient botulinum toxin type A, which prevents the facial muscles from contracting. This creates smoother skin, reducing fine lines and wrinkles in the process. Dermal fillers are typically made from synthetic hyaluronic acid, which adds volume to the skin and creates a plump appearance. Both treatments are used to achieve a more youthful-looking facial appearance.