When To Do Which Procedures
Remember those carefree days of your 20s when staying up late, falling asleep with your makeup on, and spending summer days lounging in the sun were the norm? Well, now that you’re in your 30s, 40s, or 50s, those youthful habits may have finally caught up to your skin in the form of wrinkles, dark spots, or other signs of aging. But the good news is that you now have a variety of nonsurgical, minimally invasive procedures at your fingertips that can help to reverse those troublesome signs of aging, leaving your skin looking just as youthful and energized as you feel on the inside. So which procedures are best for the different stages of life?
Procedures for Your 30s:
Many people in their 30s are just beginning to enter the busiest stages of their career or family planning, which can leave a lot less time to spend getting ready for the day. That’s why nonsurgical procedures that can streamline your morning routine can be great options for your 30s. These can include:
- Halo By Sciton: Now that you may be trying to spend less time basking in the sun and more time protecting your skin from the harmful effects of UV rays, Halo can be an ideal procedure for your 30s. Using a hybrid laser that targets both the dermis and the epidermis, Halo lasers can reduce the effects of sun damage on the skin. It works to reduce fine lines, wrinkles, and discoloration.
- Restylane: Restylane is a non-surgical dermal filler that can also help to reduce the effects of sun damage or early signs of aging. By drawing water into the skin to create volume and elasticity, Restylane is ideal for giving skin a rejuvenated look. This may also be a good treatment to think about if you’ve recently lost a significant amount of weight and would like to give your face a little extra volume that may have been lost. (The American Academy of Dermatology)
- Laser Hair Removal: If you’re trying to really cut down your morning prep time, laser hair removal might be the perfect treatment for your 30s. Think about how much time you spend shaving, waxing, or plucking, not to mention the discomfort that often comes along with these traditional methods of hair removal. If this is something that’s just making your life more complicated, laser hair removal can help to reduce the headache of hair removal for both men and women.
Procedures for Your 40s:
Your 40s can actually be the ideal time to start thinking about wrinkle prevention, even if you’re only beginning to see the first signs of aging at this point in your life. This might also be a great time to think about some nonsurgical body contouring procedures. Here’s what to consider in your 40s:
- Botox: As it turns out, many experts now suggest that Botox may be much more effective as a wrinkle prevention treatment, rather than a solution once deep lines and wrinkles have already set in. That’s why this minimally invasive injectable could be perfect for those in their 40s who want to slow down the aging process. Although it’s not a permanent treatment, many men and women find that adding Botox into their bi-monthly routine can be a great way to keep their skin looking and feeling young and fresh. (Today)
- ProLipo Plus: Women in their 40s who are finished having children and are close to their target weight could be good candidates for ProLipo Plus. Because it uses high-powered lasers rather than traditional incisions, ProLipo Plus is actually a nonsurgical procedure that can offer similar results to traditional liposuction. Both men and women in this stage of life often find that diet and exercise simply aren’t enough to get rid of some stubborn areas of fat, particularly in the belly, hip, and thigh areas. If this is the case for you, ProLipo Plus might be something to consider in your 40s. (Medical Devices: Evidence and Research)
Procedures for Your 50s:
In your 50s, many want to focus on taking some time for themselves to feel and look their brightest and most energized. The truth is, you really do only feel as good as you look, so investing in some simple nonsurgical procedures during your 50s can work wonders on your self-confidence and youthful attitude. In your 50s, consider:
- Juvederm: Like Botox, Juvederm is an injectable filler that can reduce the appearance of lines and wrinkles. But unlike Botox, Juvederm doesn’t inhibit muscle contractions. Instead, it works much like your body’s natural collagen to promote skin elasticity and volume. That’s why this can be such a great procedure for your 50s, when you begin to notice that lines, wrinkles, or unevenness in the contours of your face may be taking away from your youthful appearance.
- Voluma: Voluma is actually very similar to Juvederm–in fact, they’re made by the same company and primarily use the same ingredients. The difference between the two, though, is that Voluma is specifically designed to add volume to the cheek or mid-face area, and can last up to two years. As we age, our collagen production begins to lessen, which can create that “sunken” effect that often comes along with the aging process. That’s when an injectable like Voluma can come in and give you that added volume and rejuvenated look.
- Forever Young BBL: If dark spots or uneven skin tone are beginning to show up in your 50s, consider Forever Young BBL. This laser treatment uses broadband light to target the uneven pigmentation that causes age spots and other complexion unevenness, resulting in a smooth, clean look.
Why Choose Acqua Blu for Cosmetic Procedures?
No matter what stage of life you’re in, most men and women can relate to experiencing the woes of aging that can start as early as your 30s. And while the distinguished look that’s often characteristic of the aging process might look good on you, chances are, there are some parts of the aging process that aren’t so flattering. So if you’re beginning to notice that you’re looking older than you feel, you may want to consider the various nonsurgical procedures appropriate for each stage of life.
At Acqua Blu Medical Spa in Pittsburgh, board-certified physicians, physician assistants and aesthetic laser specialists offers years of education and experience in her field. Our providers are highly-qualified to offer knowledgeable and professional advice for any skin concern you may have. If you’ve been considering a nonsurgical procedure to combat the effects of aging, please feel free to contact Acqua Blu Medical Spa at 724-269-2726 to schedule a consultation. We would be happy to answer any questions you might have, and is also committed to providing educational and thorough explanations of each procedure that might be right for you.